Education email has now moved to Gmail
On Tuesday 21st September we will be ‘going live’ with Google Mail, Calendar and Contacts which will require you to log into Google with your “@midlothian.education” account to access email and calendar.
Accessing your account
- Reset your MGFL password to activate your new @midlothian.education account. This is easiest on an education laptop/PC using CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- If on a personal device or Chromebook, follow this guide.
- Open Google Chrome (make sure you are completely signed out of Glow)
- Go to https://mail.google.com
- Sign in using your @midlothian.education email address and the 15 character password
- You will now be signed in
Accessing other Google Tools
- Use the 9 tiles that appear when signed into Gmail to access other tools such as Drive or Classroom
- Chat is available within the Gmail main screen – you may have a Space setup for your school already to join
- If you still use Glow for accessing materials in your Google Drive or Classroom, use a different browser, such as Edge or Firefox to access this moving forward. Keep Chrome clear for all new Google tasks in your @midlothian.education account.
- We are working on a desktop shortcut for emails at present. Unfortunately this is not yet ready, so please use the directions below to access your emails in the interim.
Please visit the Professional Learning page on this site to book onto our future Professional Learning sessions.